Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Memory Lane

I have always loved to read---I have daydreams often of curling up in bed with a book and just reading the day away with nothing to think of but the book. Ahhhhh--- as a child The Littles and The Bobbsey Twins were two of my FAVORITE series. I was thinking about these books on my morning walk and decided to do a little search when I got home.

What brought me down this path you might ask? Well, my kids are enamored with the Mercy Watson books by Kate DiCamillo. They love these and giggle and giggle. And it reminds me of how I fell so in love with the characters in my favorite books.

Anyhoo- I am deeply upset that the covers on these books are different than they were when I read them. Somehow, I have a clear picture of how the Littles books looked. But the Bobbsey twins, no- just that they did not look like the ones pictured below. I do remember though how my Boyertown Elementary library looked where I took out the Bobbsey twin books. Weird how the brain works, huh?

Well, enough for now with the Memory Lane and on to my day. The kids are still asleep and I have a project that I have been putting off for quite some time to get to...


Happy Wednesday.

oh, I just heard one of my chickabiddies- so much for the project!














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new page setup! I haven't read the whole thing yet but I will. Love you all

Anonymous said...

Oh Amiee I loved the Littles, never read the Bobbsey twins:(. I adored Anything Judy Blume:)though. What a great post. Thank you bringing me down Memory Lane too.