Thursday, October 18, 2007

Celebrating Education Day

Daddy got to go in to school today with Katie-armed with his camera per Mom's instructions, he got some shots of our darling girl.
Be sure to click on some of these photos to get a glimpse at how cute these children are...when they are lined in a row against the coat hooks, they are singing to the parents.



























this is a shot of Katie with all her supplies for scrapbooking. she is now the pround owner of her own tote and has organized her supplies. tomorrow night we are going cropping together. she was very excited until she found out it might storm. she is in a phase right now of being petrified of storms...it started last tuesday when we were in school together and it started to rain...she did not like this. now every morning she asks if it will rain. she does not want to get wet-this is her rationale for being frightened.
oh well, another phase. but rain or not, katie and i will be going to the crop tomorrow night and i will be sure to post some of her creations.
Rob is doing well too, just no pics of him today.
In other news, I lost three pounds this week on WW but I am less than thrilled. This is still proving to be hard for me and I feel like the weight will just come right back because I am so hungry. we get 35 extra points a week and i had to use some today and yesterday. this is disgruntling and although i do not want to quit, I don't feel very positive. i must work in time for structured exercise but here is the excuse- i don't feel i want to give the time-there are a few areas that could give - like my hobby- or my blogging but...i am not willing. i want to walk outside but this can not be done with the kids. they are too big to go in the double jogger at this point and when dave gets home from work-i just don't feel like going on top of cooking dinner, straightening for the night and socializing with the family. so, this is the next thing i have to wrap myself around. i have some exercise DVDs which i may just pull out tomorrow-would like to bank some points to make up for these last two days.
i am not feeling guilty-just feeling like what is the sense of dieting when I can not imagine doing it forever and when i go off of the points, as long as I am so uncomfortable being hungry, i will gain it right back.
enough for now, i know i am just moaning. thank goodness this is my problem. i am blessed.
Good night!

2 comments:

Carol Brown said...

All of your rationale makes sense to me. Maybe Santa could bring you an bowflex or exercise bike for Xmas!! Keep working at it. I'm told it does get easier. I've never purposely been on a diet, even though there was a time I was 20 lbs. overweight for me. Stress took care of that! Love ya girl.

Anonymous said...

I keep telling you that you look fine the way you are but if you are dieting I will be supportive even though you started it BEFORE Thanksgiving!

I noticed Katie is the tallest in her class. Believe it or not so was I. Always the next to the last one in line - there was a boy that was taller than me!!

I am so impressed with her book. We were just talking about how advanced kids are nowadays. I couldn't draw a duck when I was 5 and still can't!! We have an artist/novelist in the making!