Saturday, October 13, 2007



well, it has happened and i hardly know what to do with myself.

my Mom is sending me to this workshop for my Christmas present. she is so wonderful--always my mentor, always my role model and always so generous with me.

Now I have to save enough money to stay in the hotel that hte event takes place in...and this I am going to do. It is 125 dollars a night and I have to stay three nights. This will be 375 dollars. Can I do this? Yes, I can. This is the equivalent of working 10 Friday nights. Or some Friday nights and saving Christmas money(my Pittsburgh Mom always very generously gives me cash)

and then it will happen. Or I could consider sharing a suite with someone...not sure how i feel about sharing with a stranger but who knows, maybe this is an alternative.

This event is all about immersing yourself in art and celebrating the artist inside of you. How great can it get? Totally a life expereince, totally worth it. I am going to just go down there on a plane by myself to do this all by myself. Wow. As someone who has never lived on her own, traveled on her own, or really does not embrace that independent MOJO thing---this is huge. I am so excited.

So that is that. I AM GOING to NORTH CAROLINA!!!!!!!

On the WW forefront--thanks to my family for all the support and advice. I had an extra incentive this morning. I put on the pair of jeans that were my go to jeans last winter...the ones that fit no matter what and this morning they were ULTRA tight---hadn't worn them since last SPRING. ohhh, baby, a challenge. I CAN DO THIS.

2 comments:

Sooz said...

YIPPPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am even MORE excited after last night's class and hearing that ALI AND CATHY Z are going to be there too!! WE GOTTA GET A SWAP TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm very excited for you! You will only have to save for 2 nights - unless I hit the lottery and then you won't have to save at all! When are you going?
Love the pics of the pumpkin hunt.