just completed this layout for the design team.,...we had to use only one picture and then other "scraps" that remind us of something important. katie's art is my most important scraps as they are everywhere and so dear to me. this layout is done and i will not do it again as the layering would make it impossible to take apart! i say this but know that yes indeedy I probably will try to pry it apart BECAUSE...it lacks flow...
i have been trying to work with some design principles and while i have no formal training in this at all, i notice that in scrapbooking(at least the scrapbooking greats,) your eye starts somewhere and then flows through the page. I don't have this here and I think i could fix it by moving the journaling off the page all together or ---no as I am typing it is removing it all together...it destroys the right diagonal sweep your eye should have across the page.
CAn I do it? Not SURE....should I do it...probably because otherwise, it will irk me for too long.
this project was so fun though to put together---i love the piecey, earthy feel to this---my
HAPPY MONDAY>
*****edited****removed the journaling square and here it is now. better, i think!
No comments:
Post a Comment